4/17/07
Juniors:
Today in class we began working on the WinCS curriculum. These activities are designed to practice skills that will be used in the ACT and other standardized tests. Hopefully, since you’ll have encountered these activities before in my classroom when you go to take the tests, you won’t be as nervous. The activities will be graded, so make sure to do them carefully. If you want to work on them at home, go to http://roe.wincshost.com
The program will ask you for your first name and your last name as well as a pin number. Your pin number is your student ID number.
Remember to work slowly and carefully (Just like on the real tests!) because you cannot go back!
Senior Speech:
We finally got started on our oral interpretations! I have to say, they were astounding today! I can’t wait to see more tomorrow. If you haven’t already turned in your script to me, do so IMMEDIATELY!!! They are late and you may not give your oral interpretation unless I have had a chance to look over your script—So I need them a day in advance.
Senior English:
Today we began poetry. I went over the forms of poetry and how to analyze poetry. You need to be familiar with poetry terms, such as ‘stanza’, ‘verse’, ‘meter’ and ‘septet’. In the future, you will choose a poem and describe it to the class using literary poetic terminology. If you have forgotten the literary terms, find them from a friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment